my life, my preception, grandaughter,daughter,wife,mother,grandmother,sister,friend,artist,entrepreneur
Total Pageviews
Sunday, February 12, 2012
2012 Artist in Waiting
As my 3 year old granddaughter pointed out one night when I was stressing about undone things. "Nana today is over tomorrow is new" The simple wisdom. So in a broader spectrum 2011 is over and 2012 is new! I started the new year taking a class I had been trying to schedule for over a year. I turned off my phone and just sculpted with this new clay and listened to the stories all the while forming something I had no idea what it was going to be. The clay this time is used for bronzing when you are done. As I shaped and held and smoothed I was so immersed I didn't want to stop. This clay so different you add clay as you go and then poke, shape, push, take away. Ahhhhhh so awesome. He is looking like I shall call him the "Wise One". I have the alive feeling I get when I create. The world looks brighter and I feel stronger. When my instructor told me I have a natural talent. Then she asked " you can feel it can't you, you just know when you have what it takes." It touched one of my inhibitors. I did feel like this is something I can be good at. Just having someone not related make that judgement call was awesome. I don't know why I have a hard time opening my work of any sort to strangers. I take it so personal I feel judged. But I suddenly have this burst of WHY NOT ME. Just like my motto hanging on the wall. My artist balance would love to be selfish this year. So we shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment